Dover sole is the common market name for a species of wild flatfish that
lives on the ocean floor. Found off the Pacific coast from California
to Alaska, Dover sole is technically a variety of flounder. This delicately flavored, lean, white fish is filled with healthful
Cooking Instructions: Sole Meunière
1. Pat the sole fillets dry with paper towels and season one side with salt.
2. Mix 1/2 cup flour, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper on a shallow plate.
3. Melt 60g of butter in a larger (12 inches) pan over medium heat until it starts to brown.
4. Dredge the sole fillets in the seasoned flour on both sides and place them in the pan.
5. Sear the Dover Sole over low heat each side for 2 minutes
(optional: serve with few drops of lemon juice )
OverNight: Place fillet on a thick layer of paper towel, cover with Food Film. Defrost in refrigerator overnight. Rinse, Pat Dry.
Quick: Submerge the sealed bag in cold water for 30 minutes. Remove fillet from the bag, Rinse, Pat Dry.
Our Dover sole is sustainable seafood, GMO-free, no hormones/antibiotics added, and without any artificial coloring.